Startup entrepreneurs have benefited from the panel at the first Haft O Hasht innovation hub webinar that is part of the company’s one-month bootcamp.
Haft O Hasht innovation hub made this event a journey rather than a one-off thing. There will also be two other webinars and a mentoring process. The event has been organized by Haft O Hasht innovation hub in collaboration with Iran House of Innovation and Technology (iHiT) and Aan Innovation Group
The three firms are organizing this bootcamp event with an international demo day in April and May 2022 in Nairobi. In the final day, start-ups will get a chance to pitch their ideas to the international venture capitalists for funding and partnership.
However, it seems like the mentorship has already begun as entrepreneurs got firsthand entrepreneurial knowledge from Reza Arbabian, the founder and CEO at Sheypoor.
Five key take-aways
Reza shared his entrepreneural journey with the attendees at the webinar and gave them key take-aways that they need to look at for them to become better in their journeys as well.
- Start with a co-founder – Reza advises people who want to have a start-up that it is better to start with a partner. He further noted that at the beginning, you also need to set up an in-house team, most preferably a small team first.
- Be careful with partnerships – There are entrepreneurs who have already started their ventures on their own. Reza shared that when he started his business alone, it became difficult at the beginning. This hardship might force a lot of people to look for partnerships. The Sheypoor CEO advises that they be careful with the partnership they go after.
- Strategic Investors – Whether you have the capital to start a business or not, strategic investors are always important. Reza says that investors can make or break your business so you need to be careful to have strategic investors.
- Don’t give up – Sometimes in business, you go through a lot and you are feeling like giving it all up. Reza says that there are always problems in business, and there are always solutions to the problem, so don’t give up
- Monetization – In everything that you do in business, you should always look for a way to make money from it. The profits can also be used as a shield because you never know what will happen in the future.
“As an entrepreneur, there will always be a challenge, and there will always be a solution,” Reza Arbabian, Founder and CEO Sheypoor