TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to our website, CIO Africa, (the “Site”). The Site is owned and operated by Chief Information Officer Africa Limited (“Company”, “we”, or “us”). By accessing and using this Site, you agree to be bound by the following Terms of Service and all applicable laws and regulations. Please read these Terms carefully.
Acceptance of Terms
By accessing and using this Site you acknowledge that you have read and understand these Terms and agree to be legally bound by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use this Site. We reserve the right to modify or amend these Terms from time to time without notice. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes to these Terms will mean you accept those changes.
Description of Services
We provide services related to business, technology and leadership, including:
– A professional print and digital magazine focused on business, technology and leadership topics
– Online articles, blogs and resources related to business, technology and leadership
– Events such as conferences, seminars and networking events centered around business, technology and leadership
Registration and Accounts
You may browse the Site without registering for an account. However, to access certain features or services, you may be required to register and provide certain information. When registering, you agree to provide true and accurate information about yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and agree not to share these details with any third party. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate accounts that we determine are being used in violation of these Terms.
Photos and Videos for Marketing Use
By participating in our events, you consent to the host and its affiliates using photographs and videos taken during the events for marketing and social media purposes. These images and videos may be used in promotional materials, on our website, and on our social media platforms.
Some of our Services allow you to purchase access to premium content or register for paid events/services on our Site. By making a purchase on our Site, you agree to the following:
– All purchases made through our website require payment in full at the time of purchase, unless otherwise specified. The accepted forms of payment will be clearly indicated during the checkout process.
– You are responsible for any taxes that may apply to your purchases. Tax rates will be displayed during checkout.
– All purchases are final. We do not provide refunds unless required by law.
– We utilize third party payment processors to process payments. We do not directly collect or store full payment card information. You may also need to accept the Terms of Service of any third party payment processors we use if they require you to do so.
– You agree to pay the prices shown which may change over time. We reserve the right to adjust pricing at any time.
– You are responsible for providing accurate billing information including name, address, and payment card details.
– You authorize us to charge your payment method for the total amount including any applicable taxes and fees.
– If payment fails or is unable to be processed, we reserve the right to terminate your access to any premium content or paid services.
1. Invoice Requests: Invoices will be automatically generated for all completed purchases. Customers may request a separate invoice by contacting our customer support team and providing the necessary details. However, please note that requesting an invoice does not exempt the customer from adhering to the payment terms.
2. Accuracy of Information: It is the customer’s responsibility to provide accurate and up-to-date billing information, including billing address, contact details, and any required tax or VAT registration numbers. Any errors or discrepancies in the provided information may result in delays or complications in the invoicing and payment process.
3. Payment Disputes: In the event of a payment dispute or discrepancy, customers are required to promptly notify our customer support team. We will investigate the matter and work towards a fair resolution. However, customers are still obligated to make timely payments while the dispute is being resolved, unless otherwise instructed by our customer support team.
4. Non-Payment Consequences: Failure to make payment within the specified payment terms may result in consequences, including but not limited to late payment fees, suspension of services, and collection efforts. Legal action may be pursued to recover any outstanding amounts, and the customer will be responsible for any associated costs or fees.
5. Refunds and Cancellations: Refunds and cancellations are subject to our Refund Policy, which can be found here. Invoiced orders that are eligible for refunds or cancellations will be processed in accordance with the Refund Policy’s terms and conditions.
6. Modifications to Terms: We reserve the right to modify or update the Invoicing Policy at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be effective upon posting the revised policy on our website. Customers are encouraged to regularly review this document’s Invoicing Policy section to stay informed about any updates.
7. Compliance with Laws: Customers are expected to comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to invoicing, taxation, and financial transactions. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they have the necessary permissions, licenses, or authorizations to make purchases and receive invoices.
Prohibited Content and Activities
You agree not to use the Site to:
– Violate any local, state, national or international laws
– Infringe on any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights
– Upload or transmit any material that contains viruses or malware
– Promote or engage in violence, terrorism, illegal acts or any form of hate or discrimination
– Disclose private or personal information about others without their consent
– Engage in harassment of any kind with other users of the Site
Intellectual Property Rights
The content on the Site, including articles, images, resources and materials, is protected by copyright and owned by Company unless otherwise noted. You may not modify, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any content or service on the Site without explicit permission from Company. The trademarks and logos displayed on the Site are owned by Company or third parties.
The Site may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users. We do not review, approve or endorse any third party content on sites linked to or from the Site. You access third party websites at your own risk.
THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Limitation of Liability
COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITE.
We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Site at any time without notice, which may result in the forfeiture of any content in your account at that time.
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Kenya. Any disputes relating to these Terms or your use of the Site will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Republic of Kenya.
Changes to Terms
We may revise these Terms from time to time. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on our Site prior to the changes taking effect.
If you have any questions about the Site or these Terms, please contact us at:
eDevelopment House, 603 Limuru Road P.O. Box 49475 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya firstname.lastname@example.org