ECOM Africa East Africa Edition is a full day virtual event set to run on 21 Sep 2021. The event boasts some of the leading experts in e-commerce, retail, and fintech where they’ll share exclusive insights and practical strategies their companies are using to thrive in the accelerating digital economy.
COVID-19 has pushed companies over the technology tipping point—and transformed business forever.
Companies have accelerated the digitisation of their customer and supply-chain interactions and of their internal operations by years. It is believed that the share of digital or digitally enabled products in their portfolios has accelerated by as much as seven years. To stay competitive in this new business and economic environment requires new strategies and practices.
ECOM Africa explores strategies and tactics in e-commerce business operations, store design and optimisation, fulfilment and logistics, payments and security, and marketing and brand building.
Tunde Fafunwa, Lead Advisor UNECA Digital Centre of Excellence will explore how government and the private sector can drive the growth of e-commerce, and give answers to questions such as:
How big is the opportunity for e-commerce in Africa? Is e-commerce living up to its full potential? What is stopping e-commerce from growing faster and being more inclusive?
How could partnerships between government and the private sector help to drive e-commerce?
Panellists will explore transforming your business with modern, digital experiences for your customers. Elevating customer experiences for the new wave in e-tail and digital commerce.
ECOM Africa East Africa Edition has secured some of the leading minds within the e-commerce space to share their exclusive insights, case studies and expertise. The speaker line-up includes:
• Didier Nkurikiyimfura, Director of Technology and Innovation, Smart Africa
• Tunde Fafunwa, Lead Advisor UNECA Digital Centre of Excellence, UNECA
• Brenna Excell, Managing Director, ROAM
• Peter Njonjo, CEO & Co-founder, Twiga Foods
• Kenneth Oyolla, Chief Commercial Officer, Jumia Africa
• Nadeem Allerwarja, General Manager, UberEats Kenya
• Steven Mukasa, Director, Dondolo
• Hafiz Juma, CEO, Inalipa
• Willy Kimani, Chief Commercial Officer, Naivas Limited
• Apoorva Kumar, Senior Vice President, Jumia Group – Africa
• Tony Wood, Managing Director, mydawa
• Martin Majlund, CEO & Co-founder, Sky.Garden
• Diana Bett, Managing Director, Purpinks Gifts
• Martha Haile, Vice President – Africa, WeFarm
• Lizzie Costabir, CEO, BuyRentKenya
• Hanz Rauch, Head of Digital Product for Online, Woolworths
• Jason Lane-Sellers, Direct of Market Planning EMEA, LexisNexis
• Rahul Jain, CEO, Peach Payments
• Catherine Korsten, General Manager, 1ForYou
• George Mienie, CEO, AutoTrader
• Paul Cook, CEO, Faithful To Nature
• Lynton Peters, CEO, OneCart
• Anita Erasmus, Business Manager, uAfrica
• Johann Van Tonder, COO, AWA digital
• Paris Philippou, VP: Game Ecommerce and Digital, Massmart
• Alistair Burton, Country Director, Criteo
• Farai Zaranhyika, Head of Ecommerce/Online, Dischem
• Warrick Kernes, CEO, Insaka
• Phil Marais, Head of Africa and Brazil Supply Chain, Cotton On
• Peter Allerstorfer, UCOOK
• Janey Pillay, Group IT Executive, Customer and Commerce, Mr. Price Group
• Sam Wilson Spath, Head of Digital Marketing, Woolworths
Sponsors include Peach Payments, VISA, Freshworks, LexisNexis, uAfrica, AWA digital, RAM, Criteo, and Bizcommunity who will have a strong presence throughout the event. They will be sharing their experiences with the audiences and will be able to interact digitally with them.
The digital platform allows them capabilities to connect with potential customers through virtual exhibition booths, virtual networking, contact swops and educational keynotes and panel discussions.
The conference will be unpacking key topics within the e-commerce space, speaking directly to business operations, store design and optimisation, fulfilment and logistics, payments and security, and marketing and brand building. Attendees can expect to hear case studies on:
• Future of e-commerce in Africa
• How government and private sector can drive growth for e-commerce
• Redefining the experience to meet customer’s rising expectations
• Agile product management
• Secure payments with digital identities
• Inclusion of the informal economy in digital payments
• Business operations and infrastructure
• Fulfilment and logistics
• Conversion rate optimisation
• Commerce media and how to target buyers to deliver rich experiences
• Developing omni-channel strategies
• Leveraging data in digital marketing
In 2021, e-commerce sales are expected to account for 18.1% of retail sales worldwide. It is estimated that there will be 2.14 billion global digital buyers. In retrospect of the COVID-19 pandemic and the rapid acceleration in digital transformation, the speakers deconstruct the strategies they’ve been successful with and how they’re preparing for the next wave in e-commerce.
To hear these speakers, join 1000+ attendees for a full day of in-depth keynotes, panel discussions, online networking, and live Q&A sessions. To register for this event, click here. To speak at the event, contact Terry Southam at email@example.com. For exhibitor and sponsor opportunities, contact Glanville Valentine at firstname.lastname@example.org.