OPPO Kenya has announced the launch of its latest versions of the Reno series, the OPPO Reno8 5G and Oppo Reno8. The newly launched phones are powered by Dual Sony Flagship Sensors and several AI-enhanced imaging features such as Ultra Night Video and Night Portrait.
Alongside its professional camera capabilities, Reno8 5G features a Streamlined Unibody Design, delivering a more refined texture and flagship-level design aesthetics. By adopting 80W SUPERVOOCTM with Battery Health Engine, the MediaTek Dimensity 1300 SoC, an upgraded Super-Conductive VC Liquid Cooling System, and ColorOS 12.1, the new Reno8 5G provides strong durability, reliable performance, and all-round smooth experience to users.
Revolutionary Imaging Capabilities that Make You the “Portrait Expert”
Consumer insights indicate that approximately 40% of photos taken with Reno smartphones are taken after 5 p.m. The percentage for videos is even higher, at nearly 50%.
As a result, OPPO has upgraded the camera on the latest Reno series with an agenda to improve the shooting experience in low-light environments.
Reno8 5G features Dual Sony Flagship Sensors — the IMX709 for the front camera and the IMX766 for the rear camera.
- Sony IMX709 is a next-generation RGBW 32 MP camera sensor customized by OPPO. It ensures a 60% increase in light intake and a 35% improvement in noise reduction when compared with traditional RGGB sensors.
- Sony IMX766 is a 1/1.56-inch 50MP main camera sensor with a 1.0um large pixel size. Combined with the All-Pixel Omni-Direction PDAF technology, this camera sensor improves the focus speed, accuracy, and stability.
- The Dual Sony Flagship Sensors support the underlying DOL-HDR technology on a hardware level, increasing video dynamic range by 4x to that of the conventional HDR algorithm.
In addition to hardware upgrades, OPPO Reno8 5G comes packed with a series of portrait features driven by AI technologies.
- Ultra Night Video algorithm enhances the image quality, color expression, and facial performance in lowlight environments, delivering sharp and bright night portrait videos.
- Ultra HDR Video mode prevents bright parts from over-exposure and enriches dark parts with subtle details, thereby producing natural portrait videos with vivid colors.
- Night Portrait leverages the industry-leading Turbo RAW algorithm to perform AI noise reduction in the RAW domain, delivering clear and pure portrait images.
Extra Durability and All-round Performance
By adopting 80W SUPERVOOC Flash Charge, the OPPO Reno8 5G can charge a 4500mAh battery, up to 50% in just 11 minutes. Reno8 5G adopts OPPO’s exclusive Battery Health Engine, which intelligently controls the charging current and voltage through real-time monitoring, to ensure the battery servers customers for an extended time.
OPPO Reno8 5G features the MediaTek Dimensity 1300 5G-integrated SoC. Built on the 6nm process, the octa-core SoC includes an ARM Cortex-A78 ultra-core that operates at up to 3GHz to deliver the ultimate computing power. The standard build comes with 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM.
“At OPPO, we are constantly looking into ways we can improve our users’ experience. Looking at the new Reno8 series, you can see so many aspects of the new series have been upgraded to suit the modern OPPO consumer. From everyday functionality, design, and entertainment, our consumers are going to enjoy their experience with the Reno8 series.” said Frederique Achieng, PR Manager, OPPO Kenya.