The CIO100 Awards, Africa’s premier recognition of excellence in information technology leadership, has concluded the application phase with an unprecedented 623 submissions from across the continent. This remarkable response underscores the growing influence of technology leadership in shaping the future of business and society.
Applications poured in from seven dynamic African countries, including Kenya (66 per cent), Tanzania (5 per cent), Rwanda (8 per cent), Uganda (4 per cent), South Africa (5 per cent), Nigeria (10 per cent), and Ghana (2 per cent). Each entry represents a unique story of innovation, resilience, and vision in the ever-evolving tech landscape.
“The CIO100 Awards are not just a celebration of technological achievements; they are a testament to the boundless creativity, determination, and collaboration that define the African tech landscape. Each application we received tells a story of resilience and vision, reminding us that in the world of technology, our potential for positive impact is limitless,” said Harry Hare, Chairman, dx⁵.
The CIO100 Awards, now in its 16th year, remains committed to celebrating the outstanding achievements of technology leaders and organisations that are driving digital transformation and shaping the future of the African tech ecosystem.
The journey towards recognising the best in the field has just begun. The submitted applications will undergo a rigorous three-stage adjudication process led by our esteemed panel of judges who will determine the winners in various categories. These categories include:
- CIO of the Year: Recognising visionary Chief Information Officers (CIOs) who have demonstrated exceptional leadership in harnessing technology for business growth.
- CISO of the Year: Honouring outstanding Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) who have shown exemplary dedication to safeguarding digital assets.
- CXO of the Year: Acknowledging top executives who have played a pivotal role in fostering innovation and transformation within their organisations.
- Most Innovative Company Award: Celebrating companies at the forefront of innovation, are driving change and creating lasting impact.
Additional special award categories include the:
- GreenEdge Award: Recognising environmental sustainability initiatives within the tech sector.
- Infrastructure Award: Highlighting exceptional achievements in building robust IT infrastructure.
- Cybersecurity Award: Celebrating excellence in safeguarding digital assets from cyber threats.
In addition to these special categories, we are excited to introduce the dxNova Award, a special recognition for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in the tech sector. The dxNova Award honours women in technology who have made significant contributions and broken barriers in a traditionally male-dominated industry. This category highlights the importance of diversity and gender equity in technology leadership and innovation.
The short-listed companies will be officially announced next week as our panel of judges embarks on the challenging task of evaluating these exceptional entries. This marks the next exciting phase of the CIO100 Awards as we move closer to unveiling the industry leaders and innovators who are driving Africa’s digital transformation.
Stay tuned to our social media platforms and site for more updates as we navigate this thrilling journey towards honouring the best in African technology leadership.