A dx100 Award is an acknowledged mark of enterprise excellence through digital transformation, enhancing your organization’s reputation as a leading innovator. It generates positive PR and provides tangible, companywide recognition of leadership, innovation and engagement. Executives from the winning companies will be recognized among their peers and colleagues at the dx100 Awards ceremony in Diani, Kenya. Organizations with innovative projects may be invited to present at the dx100 Awards Symposium & Awards Ceremony.
What the dx100 awards recognize
The annual dx100 Awards program celebrates 100 organizations (and the people within them) that are using IT in innovative ways to deliver business value, whether by creating competitive advantage, optimizing business processes, enabling growth, improving relationships with customers or digitally transforming business-as-usual.
To be selected, applications must demonstrate measurable business value, not just IT benefits. They must exemplify transformation not just transaction.
What makes a winning nomination
Applications that focus on the business goals and results of the project or use of technology have a better chance of winning. Applicants must provide data and examples that support their claims of innovation and show exactly how the business value was delivered.
The most successful applications are written by the CIO or another business-oriented IT manager, with input from both business stakeholders and technical staff.
Winning applications should also include narrative examples or anecdotes that illustrate the results of your project, such as descriptions of how employees work differently, how customers interact with your company in new ways, or the impact the project has had in your market.
Can technology vendors apply for this award?
Yes, but please be aware that this is not an award for IT vendor’ products. If the outcome of your submitted IT project (i.e., the business benefit) is to produce a technology product or service sold directly to IT buyers, it will be disqualified from consideration.
However, if your innovative project produces an internally beneficial technology or service (i.e., one not designed to be sold to customers), you are welcome to apply for a dx100 Award. If you are an IT vendor who would like to nominate a customer or partner for a dx100 Award, we strongly advise you to enlist the IT project leader and primary business influencer within the organization you wish to nominate to submit the application. When your customer nominates you to for an award the application should be completed from the perspective of the user of the technology (your customer), the nomination form will automatically nominate you for the technology provider award.
Who can nominate?
Anyone can nominate a company. Applications should be technology-based, applications should focus on how the organisation’s utilised tech to drive digital transformation and business value. Technology vendors and their PR representatives are also invited to submit nominations, which can be a great way to recognize your clients and their customers.
The nomination must be on behalf of the customer’s project/initiative. When nominating a vendor’s customer you must name the customer as the nominated organization and provide contacts at that organization in the appropriate fields.
We strongly advise that you engage the CIO and/or top project leaders at that organization in crafting your entry. Make sure the entry is written from the customer’s point of view. You must sign off on having notified the customer of your entry prior to submitting it. The customer will be named on the award if your entry wins.
Is there a fee to nominate?
No, there is no fee to nominate yourself, organization, customer or partner.
How the dx100 Awards are judged
After an initial review by the dx100 team the applications are evaluated and scored by four regional external judges chosen from our panel of more than 20 judges (including industry experts, academics, business executives and former CIOs.) The judging is based solely on the information submitted in this online application.
To be selected for a dx100 Award, you must demonstrate excellence in:
• Digital Innovation: The extent to which your organization is using IT in a new way or enabled new ways of doing business, whether internally or externally.
• Business Value: The measurable impact backed up by supporting data, that your project or initiative has had on your organization’s business results. dx100 judges rate each application on the criteria measuring innovation and business value. All individual scores are kept confidential and will not be released publicly, nor will they be discussed with any applicants.
The Award categories include Plus One Awards, Industry Awards and Main Awards. Here are some of the awards:
– dx100 CIO of the Year – this is a peer award where CIO’s and the judges nominate a CIO or equivalent, one they think has excelled in managing the IT leadership function in an organization.
– dx100 CISO of the Year – this is a peer award where CISO’s and the judges nominate a CISO or equivalent, one they think has excelled in leadership, cyber safety and risk management in an organization.
– dx100 CxO Digital Influencer of the Year – this is a peer award where CEO, COO, CMO, CHRO and CFOs are nominated by their IT counterparts and the judges nominate the most influential executive based on involvement, process engagement and team inclusion.
– dx100 Infrastructure Award – dx100 honours leaders who made their mark with an imposing repertoire of frameworks built to excel. The infrastructure special award will facilitate top IT implementation aimed at maximizing returns from their IT infrastructure.
– dx100 Green Edge Award – dx100 Will acknowledge the Master of Technology practices that are sound, sustainable, and eco-friendly. The green edge award will recognize the topmost eco-friendly IT initiative in Africa.
– dx100 Plus one awards / Industry Awards – These are given to the leading company within a specific industry
Marks or excellence awards depend on the applicant’s rank, the highest ranking receive Gold mark or recognition followed by the Silver mark, Bronze mark and lastly Ivory mark.
Organizations with innovative projects may be invited to present at the dx100 Symposium
Complete the form before clicking submit. Keep your answers short and in point format and give detailed examples if you can.
Give details regarding the project, why it started – the need, what technology was used – the solution and always highlight the impact.
Submissions deadline for all nominations is 23rd September, 2022.
The dx100 Symposium and Awards Ceremony – dx5’s most powerful pan-African gathering of senior business executives. This exclusive event will be held in November 2022.
Leadership, innovation, and business strategy conversations will dominate the event.
With an agenda geared to fostering greater interaction among attendees, industry experts and honourees as they explore how ongoing digital transformation and greater experimentation with innovative ideas are changing today’s competitive business landscape. Over the course of two days, more than 300 CIOs and senior business executives will engage in thought leadership sessions, panel discussions, interactive workshops and much more.
The symposium concludes with a gala dinner and awards ceremony recognizing the dx100 honourees.
If you’re interested in becoming an attendee, speaker or sponsor of this event click a button below to fill out the relevant form. One of our customer success team members will follow up shortly after that.